When you create a Launch DXB account or use Launch DXB platforms, you automatically agree to the below Launch DXB Terms & Conditions of Use that govern these platforms.
To help entrepreneurs connect, launch and scale up their startups in Dubai, and to help foster collaborations across the local startup space, Launch DXB provides its users with the following services:
- Opportunities to connect, collaborate, learn, and share
We want to strengthen your connections through collective experiences. This is why we offer you the Launch DXB for Events [insert link], Launch DXB for Startups [insert link], and Launch DXB for Community [insert link]. Via these platforms, users will get the chance to connect with startups, SMEs, corporate brands, and industry professionals or promote their own events to startup communities, entreprenrus and industry professionals. They will get to get inspired and inspire like-minded entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, enablers, support organizations, and early clients to launch and grow their startups. They will also get to innovate with startups, learn about collaboration opportunities, ask questions, join active discussions, validate ideas, share stories and valuable advice with founders and CEOs in a low-pressure open environment.
We develop and use tools and offer resources to our community members that help make their experiences positive and inclusive, including when we think they might need help. We work to combat abuse and violations of our Terms and Policies, as well as harmful and deceptive behavior. We use all the information we have - including your information - to try to keep our platform secure. Misused and/or harmful content will be shared and addressed with adequate law enforcement.
- Technologies to consistently serve our growing community
Organizing and analyzing information for our community is central to our service. Part of our service is using technologies that help us protect and improve our service on a large scale for a growing community.
- Stable infrastructure for services
To provide our service, we must store and transfer data across our system infrastructure. This infrastructure may be owned or operated by Launch DXB or their affiliates.
- Research and innovation.
We use the information we have to study our service and collaborate with others on research to make our service better and contribute to the well-being of our community.
In return for our commitment to provide users with our services, we require users to have a mutual commitment to our platform. This commitment includes, but is not limited to…
Who Can Use Launch DXB?
At the time we aspire to offer our services in an open and inclusive manner, we still need to assure that the usage is safe, secure, and in accordance with the law. For this, you as a user is requested to abide to the following in order to be part of the Launch DXB community:…
How NOT to Use Launch DXB?
Providing a safe and open service for a growing community requires that we all commit to our responsibilities. For this, users are prohibited from:
- Impersonating others
- Creating an account on behalf of someone else
- Providing inaccurate and outdated information (including registration information)
- Creating or attempting to create accounts, or accessing or collecting information in unauthorized ways
- Buying, selling, or transferring any aspect of your account (including your username), or merely attempting to do any of these acts
- Soliciting, collecting, or using login credentials or badges of other users
- Committing unlawful, misleading, fraudulent or illegal acts
- Posting private or confidential information
- Violating someone else's rights, including their intellectual property. Launch DXB retains rights to its own content but not any content posted by its users like
- Interfering with or impairing the intended operation of the Launch DXB service
- Violating (helping or encouraging others to violate) these Terms & Conditions of Launch DXB, including in particular the Launch DXB Community Guidelines and Platform Policy
As a user of Launch DXB, you are requested to immediately report content that you think is unlawful, misleading, fraudulent or illegal to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also requested to report content that you think infringes your intellectual property rights, by reaching out to Launch DXB team on email@example.com
Permissions You Grant Launch DXB
As part of our agreement, you also give us the following permissions to provide our services:
- License to use your content
Nothing is changing about your full rights and ownership of your content. We do not claim ownership of your content that you post on or through our platforms. When you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our platforms, you automatically grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). You can end this license anytime by deleting your content or account from Launch DXB platforms. However, you content will continue to remain on our platforms if you shared it with others and they have not deleted it. To learn more about how we use information, and how to control or delete your content, review the Data Policy and visit the Launch DXB Help Center.
- Permission to share your username, profile picture, and information with our community
When you create an account on Launch DXB, you automatically grant us the permission to show your username, profile picture, and account information on our platforms and share them with our community.
Additional Rights LAUNCH DXB Retains
- We may change your username or similar account identifiers if we believe the selected are inappropriate or infringes someone's intellectual property or impersonates others
- We need to grant explicitly written permission for any usage of our intellectual property and trademarks or similar marks
- We need to grant explicitly written permission to users to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us
Content Removal, Disabling, or Termination of Accounts
Launch DXB retains full rights to:
- Remove any content or information shared by users on our platforms if we believe that it violates these Terms & Conditions of Use, our policies (including our Launch DXB Community Guidelines), or if it is required by the law.
- Refuse to provide or stop providing all or part of the services offered by Launch DXB, including terminating or disabling your account. This is to be immediately done when the user raises a risk or legal exposure, violates these Terms & Conditions of Use or other policies (including Launch DXB Community Guidelines), repeatedly infringes other people's intellectual property rights, or where we are permitted or required to do so by the law. If we take action to disable or terminate your account, we will notify you where appropriate. If you believe your account has been terminated in error, or you want to disable or permanently delete your account, please consult our Help Center.
It is to be noted to users that the content they delete may remain for a limited period of time in backup copies and will still be visible where others have shared it. "Content Removal, Disabling, or Termination of Accounts" and "Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree," will still apply even after your account is terminated or deleted.
Addressing Disputes and Disagreements
It is to be noted that:
- If any aspect of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest will remain in effect.
- Any amendment or waiver to our agreement must be confirmed in writing and signing by Launch DXB. Failure to enforce any aspect of this agreement does not mean that it is to be waived.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- This agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
- You cannot transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement without Launch DXB’s solicit and written consent.
- Launch DXB’s rights and obligations can be transferred to others in case of ownership changes, merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or if projected by the law.
- Our service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We don’t control what people and others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions, conduct (whether online or offline), or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our platforms.
- Launch DXB holding responsibility for anything that happens on the service (also called "liability") is limited to as much as the law permits. You still agree that we will not be held responsible ("liable") for any loss of profits, revenues, information, data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms & Conditions, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating These Terms
We may change our service and policies, and we may need to make change sto these Terms & Conditions so that they accurately reflect our services and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we may notify you (for example, through our platforms) before we make changes to these Terms & Conditions and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the service, you will be bound by the updated Terms & Conditions.
We want Launch DXB to continue to be an authentic and safe place for learning and collaboration. You can help us foster this community.
By using Launch DXB, you agree to these guidelines and our Terms & Conditions of Use. We’re committed to these guidelines and we hope you are too. Overstepping these boundaries may result in deleted content, disabled accounts, or other restrictions.
- Post appropriate content.
We don’t allow posting or sharing content that is harmful, abusive, unlawful, threatening, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy or other rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or illegal gambling or harms or could harm minors in any way or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever.
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions.
Help us stay spam-free by not artificially collecting vote-ups, posting repetitive comments or content, or repeatedly contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.
- Abide to the law.
Launch DXB is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Offering sexual services, buying or selling firearms and illegal or prescription drugs (even if it’s legal in your region) is also not allowed and punishable by the law. Remember to always follow the law when offering to sell or buy other regulated goods. Accounts promoting online gambling, online real money games of skill or online lotteries must get our prior written permission before using any of our products.
- Respect other members of the Launch DXB community.
We want to foster a positive, diverse community. We remove content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages. It's never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases.
Help us keep the community strong:
Each of us is an important part of the Launch DXB community. If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please help us by reporting it to firstname.lastname@example.org
By using the Launch DXB Platform, you agree to this policy. By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs, SDKs, plugins, code, specifications, documentation, technology, and services (such as content). We reserve the right to change this policy at any time without notice, so please check it regularly. Your continued use of the Launch DXB Platform constitutes acceptance of any changes. You also agree to and are responsible for ensuring that you comply with the Launch DXB Terms & Conditions of Use and Community Guidelines.
- General Terms
- Don't confuse, deceive, defraud, mislead, or harass anyone.
- Don't use the Launch DXB Platform for any app that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, or any other malicious programs or code.
- Provide meaningful customer support for your pages or posts and make it easy for people to contact you.
- Remove within 24 hours any User Content or other information that the owner asks you to remove.
- Only use the INSIGHTS DATA endpoint to inform the account holder of their own analytics information. Do not use it for any other service and do not share it with any third parties.
- Don't use an unreasonable amount of bandwidth, or adversely impact the stability of launchdxb.com servers.
- Don't sell, lease, or sublicense the Launch DXB Platform or any data derived through the Platform.
- Comply with all applicable laws or regulations. Don't provide or promote content that violates any rights of any person, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or rights of personality. Don't expose Launch DXB or people who use Launch DXB to harm or legal liability.
- Brand Assets
Comply with Launch DXB’s Brand Guidelines. Don't use the trademarks of Launch DXB or its affiliates without written permission, including as authorized by applicable brand guidelines.
- Things you should know
- Enforcement may be both automated and manual, and can include disabling your account, restricting you and your access to Launch DXB Platform, requiring that you delete data, terminating our agreements with you or any other action that we deem appropriate.
- Launch DXB may change, suspend, or discontinue the availability of the Platform at any time. In addition, Launch DXB may impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Launch DXB APIs or the Launch DXB website without notice or liability.
- Launch DXB doesn't guarantee that the Launch DXB Platform is free of inaccuracies, errors, bugs, or interruptions, or is reliable, accurate, complete, or otherwise valid at all times.
- Licensed Uses and Restrictions: The Launch DXB Platform is owned by Launch DXB and is licensed to you on a worldwide (except as limited below), non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable basis in accordance with these terms. Your license to the Launch DXB Platform continues until it is terminated by either party. Please note that User Content is owned by users and not by Launch DXB. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Launch DXB.
- You grant us and our affiliates a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any data, content, and other information made available by you or on your behalf in connection with your use of our Platform. This license survives even if you stop using the platform feature. You are responsible for obtaining the necessary rights from all applicable rights holders to grant this license.
- Disclaimer of Any Warranty: Launch DXB Platform and all data derived through such Platform are provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind and Launch DXB expressly disclaims any and all warranties and conditions, including but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, security, title and non-infringement. You are solely responsible for any damage that results from the use of any Launch DXB Platform and all any data derived through such Platform including, but not limited to, any damage to your computer system or loss of data.
- Limitation of Liability: Launch DXB shall not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with use of the Launch DXB Platform and any data derived through such Platform, whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence, product liability or otherwise), or any other pecuniary loss, whether or not Launch DXB has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Under no circumstances shall Launch DXB be liable to you for any amount.
- Release and Waiver: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release and waive all claims against Launch DXB, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind and nature, arising from or in any way related to your use of the Launch DXB Platform and data derived through such Platform.
- Hold Harmless and Indemnify: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify Launch DXB and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Launch DXB Platform and any data derived through the Platform, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and/or consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. Launch DXB shall use good faith efforts to provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
- Relationship of the Parties: Notwithstanding any provision hereof, for all purposes of the Launch DXB Platform Terms & Conditions, you and Launch DXB shall be and act independently and not as partners, joint venturers, agents, employees or employers of the other. You don't have any authority to assume or create any obligation for or on behalf of Launch DXB, expressed or implied, and you must not attempt to bind Launch DXB to any contract.
- Invalidity of Specific Terms: If any provision of the Launch DXB Platform Terms & Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision and that the other provisions remain in full force and effect.
- No Waiver of Rights by Launch DXB: Launch DXB's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Launch DXB Platform Terms & Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
This policy describes the information we process to support Launch DXB and it’s services, features and tools.
- What information do we collect?
To provide the Launch DXB features and tools, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our features and tools.
Data you and others do and provide:
- Information and content: we collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use Launch DXB, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with other users.
- Usage data: we collect information about how you use Launch DXB, such as the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with.
- Location-related information: we collect information about your current location
- How do we use this information?
To provide and improve our features and tools, we use your collected information, content and data for the following:
- Verify accounts and activities, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our services, and promote safety and security
- Provide you with better and improved features and tools
- Research and innovate for social good
- Develop, test and improve our features and tools, by conducting surveys and research, testing and troubleshooting new products and features
- Provide measurement, analytics, and other business services
- Promote safety, integrity and security
- Conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being
- How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the full ability to access, rectify, port and erase your data. Learn more about these in our Help Centre.
- How to contact Launch DXB
Please email us at email@example.com to address all your questions.